2/12/2015

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes!

Our Lady of Lourdes once told St. Bernadette: 

 "I cannot promise you happiness in this world,
  only in the next."  

One can understand that true happiness can only be found living a life close to Jesus and the ultimate happiness is when we meet Jesus in heaven!


Take time to view the Song of Bernadette movie. Its a great
story and has many teachings which can help you grow in your spiritual life with Jesus.


Each time I've viewed the movie there's always a new understanding, a new message.

See it for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HucJrglwy6E


Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGtUt7a8Rz0


Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cs9ofAuWFw


 
St. John Paul II visits Our Lady of Lourdes
He had great faith in Her apparition and Her message.
St John Paul II was is totally devoted to Her
Her used the inscription
"Totus Tuus"  "Totally Yours"
 
1943 Films:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJH21f2WygI


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TdTl-alfl4


Father Barron Visits Lourdes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwx8g8z7FUo



May each day we grow closer to Our Lady Queen of All Nations, Mother of Our Savior Jesus Christ!
 
May we follow Her example of total trust in Jesus!
 

Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven,
Have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world,  Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God,  Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary,  pray for us.
Holy Mother of God,  pray for us.
Holy Virgin of virgins,  pray for us.
Mother of Christ,  pray for us.
Mother of divine grace,  pray for us.
Mother most pure,  pray for us.
Mother most chaste,  pray for us.
Mother inviolate,  pray for us.
Mother undefiled,  pray for us.
Mother most amiable,  pray for us.
Mother most admirable,  pray for us.
Mother of good counsel,  pray for us.
Mother of our Creator,  pray for us.
Mother of our Savior,  pray for us.
Virgin most prudent,  pray for us.
Virgin most venerable,  pray for us.
Virgin most renowned,  pray for us.
Virgin most powerful,  pray for us.
Virgin most merciful,  pray for us.
Virgin most faithful,  pray for us.
Mirror of justice,  pray for us.
Seat of wisdom,  pray for us.
Cause of our joy,  pray for us.
Spiritual vessel,  pray for us.
Vessel of honor,  pray for us.
Singular vessel of devotion,  pray for us.
Mystical rose,  pray for us.
Tower of David,  pray for us.
Tower of ivory,  pray for us.
House of gold, pray for us.
Ark of the Covenant,  pray for us.
Gate of Heaven,  pray for us.
Morning star,  pray for us.
Health of the sick,  pray for us.
Refuge of sinners,  pray for us.
Comforter of the afflicted,  pray for us.
Help of Christians,  pray for us.
Queen of angels,  pray for us.
Queen of patriarchs,  pray for us.
Queen of prophets,  pray for us.
Queen of apostles,  pray for us.
Queen of martyrs,  pray for us.
Queen of confessors,  pray for us.
Queen of virgins,  pray for us.
Queen of all saints,  pray for us.
Queen conceived without Original Sin,  pray for us.
Queen assumed into Heaven,  pray for us.
Queen of the most holy Rosary,  pray for us.
Queen of peace,  pray for us.

Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world,
Spare us, O Lord.

Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world,
Graciously hear us, O Lord.

 Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world,
Have mercy on us.

Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God,
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Grant, we beseech Thee, O Lord God, that we Thy Servants may enjoy perpetual health of mind and body and by the glorious intercession of the Blessed Mary, ever Virgin, be delivered from present sorrow and  joy eternal happiness. Through Christ Our Lord. Amen.
 

Litany to Our Lady of La Salette
Our Lady of La Salette, Mother of God, pray for us.
Our Lady of La Salette, Queen and Mother of men, pray for us.
Our Lady of La Salette, Messenger of divine mercy, pray for us.
Our Lady of La Salette, all - powerful suppliant, pray for us.
Thou who restrains the arm of the Lord angered against us, pray for us.
Thou who sheds so many tears on account of our sins and misfortunes, pray for us
Thou who cares so much for us, in spite of all our ingratitude, pray for us.
Thou who dost so lovingly invite us to have recourse to thee, pray for us.
Thou who dost reproach us with our violation of Sunday, and with blasphemy, pray for us.
Thou who dost complain so sorrowfully of the profanation of holy things, pray for us.
Thou who dost so strongly recommend prayer, and especially morning and evening prayer, pray for us.
Thou who dost condemn so severely our lusts and the shameful pleasures of the world, pray for us.
Thou who dost remind us so touchingly of the Passion of Jesus, pray for us.
Thou whose apparition is a source of salvation for poor sinners, pray for us.
Thou who dost invite so pressingly the just to redouble their fervor, pray for us.
Thou whose prophetic menaces have so justly alarmed the world, pray for us.
Thou who dost promise so many blessings if we become converted, pray for us.
Thou who didst cause to spring up at thy feet a fountain of miraculous water, pray for us.
Thou who, after the example of Jesus, dost heal every infirmity, pray for us.
Thou who dost desire to be honored and invoked throughout the world, pray for us.
Thou who didst cause to many works of reparation to be undertaken and prosper, pray for us.
Our Lady of La Salette, living example of charity, pray for us.
Victim of penance and expiation, pray for us.
Model of modesty and simplicity, pray for us.
Standard of obedience and submission, pray for us.
Source of burning zeal and of the apostleship, pray for us.
Loving Mother of the poor and of children, pray for us.
Light of the blind and of the ignorant, pray for us.
Consolation of the sick and the afflicted, pray for us.
Hope of the despairing, pray for us.
Help of the Church Militant, pray for us.
Advocate of the Church Suffering, pray for us.
Glory of the Church Triumphant, pray for us.
By thy bitter complaints of men's sinfulness, render us docile to the law of thy divine Son, O Mary.
By thy abundant tears, obtain for us the grace to weep over our sins, O Mary.
By thy maternal sufferings, obtain for us resignation in all our trials, O Mary.
By thy apparitions and thy miracles, revive the faith of thy people, O Mary.
By thy mysterious looks towards Rome, make us more and more devoted to the Holy See, O Mary.
By thy incomparable tenderness, make us love thee more and more, O Mary.
By thy ravishing beauty, make us sigh after heaven, O Mary.
By thy new assumption, draw us after thee, O Mary.
V. Our Lady of La Salette, reconciler of sinners,
R. Pray without ceasing for us who have recourse to thee.
Let us pray:  Lord Jesus Christ, Who, in Thy infinite mercy, didst send to us on the mountain of La Salette thy ever glorious Mother in order to remind us of our Christian duties, grant that, moved by her tears and docile to her warnings, we may appease, in this life, thy just anger by a sincere repentance, and that we may merit by our good works the grace to enjoy thee eternally in heaven. Thou Who livest and reignest world without end. Amen.
Memorare
Remember , Our Lady of La Salette , true Mother of Sorrows, the tears which thou didst shed for me on Calvary. Remember also the care thou didst always take of me, in order to shield me from the justice of God. After having done so much for thy child, thou wilt not now abandon him. Animated by this consoling thought, I come to cast myself at thy feet, in spite of my infidelities and my ingratitude. Do not reject my prayer, O Merciful Virgin, but convert me, obtain for me the grace to love Jesus above all things and to console thee by a holy life, that I may, one day, be able to see thee in heaven. Amen.
 Litany of Resignation to the Will of God
Lord, have mercy on us,
Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.
Jesus, hear us.
Jesus, graciously hear us.
God the Father, Who hath created me, Hallowed be Thy will
God the Son, Who hath redeemed me, Not my will but Thine be done.
God the Holy Ghost, Who hath offered sanctification, Blessed be the Most Sweet Will of God.
Thou Who dost know and foresee all things, Have mercy on us.
Thou Who dost govern and rule all things, Have mercy on us.
Thou Who, according to Thy inscrutable designs, dost effect all things in a wonderful manner, Have mercy on us.
Thou Who dost permit evil in order thence to derive good for the salvation of the elect, Have mercy on us.
In all things and in all possible events, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In all circumstances and disgraces, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In my state and employment, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In my affairs and occupations, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In all my actions, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In my health and strength, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In my body and soul, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In my life and death, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In myself and in those who belong to me, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In all men and angels, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In all creatures, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In all parts of the earth, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
At all times, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
For all eternity, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
Although weak nature complains, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
Although it costs much to self-love and sensuality, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
Solely and only through love for Thee and Thy good pleasure, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
Because Thou art my Creator, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
Because Thou art the Supreme Lord of all things, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
Because Thou art infinite perfection, therefore do I say, with all the saints in Heaven, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
With the Blessed Virgin Mary, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
With Jesus in the Garden of Olives, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
Our Father (silently).
V. May the just, most amiable will of God be done in all things.
R. May it be praised and magnified forever! Amen.
Let Us Pray:  Grant me Thy grace, O Father, that perfect resignation to Thy Holy Will may be with me, and labor with me, and continue with me to the end. Grant me always to desire and will that which is most acceptable to Thee and which pleaseth Thee best. Let Thy will be mine, and let my will always follow Thine and agree perfectly with it. Let me always will and not will the same with Thee; let me not be able to will or not will anything except what Thou wiliest or wiliest not. R. Amen.
 
Litany of Humility
(composed by Cardinal Merry del Val)

O Jesus! meek and humble of heart, hear me
From the desire of being esteemed, deliver me Jesus
From the desire of being loved, deliver me Jesus
From the desire of being extolled, deliver me Jesus
From the desire of being honored, deliver me Jesus
From the desire of being praised, deliver me Jesus
From the desire of being preferred to others, deliver me Jesus
From the desire of being consulted, deliver me Jesus
From the desire of being approved, deliver me Jesus
From the fear of being humiliated, deliver me Jesus
From the fear of being despised, deliver me Jesus
From the fear of suffering rebukes, deliver me Jesus
From the fear of being calumniated, deliver me Jesus
From the fear of being forgotten, deliver me Jesus
From the fear being ridiculed, deliver me Jesus
From the fear of being wronged, deliver me Jesus
From the fear of being suspected, deliver me Jesus
That others may be loved more than I, Jesus grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be esteemed more than I, Jesus grant me the grace to desire it.
That in the opinion of the world others may increase and I may decrease, Jesus grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be chosen and I set aside, Jesus grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be praised and I unnoticed, Jesus grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be preferred to me in everything, Jesus grant me the grace to desire it.
That others become holier than I, provided that I become as holy as I should.  Jesus grant me the grace to desire it.
 
PRAYER TOSAINT MICHAEL
THE ARCHANGEL

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen..




An Act
of
Contrition
O my God, I am heartily sorry for
       

having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins,
       

because I dread the loss of heaven, and the pains of hell;
       

but most of all because they offend Thee, my God,
       

Who are all good and deserving of all my love.
       

I firmly resolve,  with the help of Thy grace,
       

to confess my sins,  to do penance,
       

and to amend my life.  Amen.


Christ Candle of Hope Prayer
God, our loving Father, you sent your Son,
Jesus Christ, into this world to counter
all the forces of evil: sin, suffering and death,
and to overcome evil with the force of good;
hatred with the power of love,
your great love for us in Jesus.

Help us never to curse the darkness,
but to join with you in bringing
Your light into this world,
the light that is your Son,
born of the Virgin Mary, in Bethlehem.
Help us to be instruments of your light
and love by doing one special act of kindness
or by being your special instrument
of reconciliation this New Year.

May the Christ Candle we light symbolize
our desire to bring light into a world of darkness
and hope into a world of despair.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.







 
Prayer of the Holy Face of Jesus
 
O Blessed Face of my kind Savior,
by the tender love
and piercing sorrow
of Our Lady as she beheld You in
Your cruel Passion,
grant us to share in this
intense sorrow and love
so as to fulfill the holy will
of God to the utmost
of our ability.
Amen.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends....
Please share with us your comments of our
Daily Reflections.
How has it touched you?
How has it helped you in your Lenten journey?
You may post your comment here
or confidently share with me
@
E-Mail it to us at
lasaletteshrinedirector@gmail.com